This release is an update to address a security vulnerability within Electron/Windows and all Windows users are encouraged to update to 0.2.7 as soon as possible. Linux and macOS users are unaffected.
What is Vessel?
Vessel is a desktop wallet for the Steem blockchain, which can be downloaded and run on your computer. Vessel is free to use and open source, and is designed to be a way to help secure your account on the Steem blockchain. While using Vessel, your keys/password never leave the app, transactions are signed locally, and then broadcast to the network much like any other downloadable cryptocurrency wallet.
Here's a few of the other most recent updates, as well as the original announcement:
- 2017/01/15 - 0.2.6 Release
- 2017/01/12 - 0.2.5 Release
- 2017/12/09 - 0.2.0 Release
- 2017/05/20 - Original Announcement
Vessel is still beta software and it's recommended that you treat it as such. Before committing irreversible actions on your account (such as large outgoing transfers), please test with smaller amounts to ensure it's working properly on your computer.
Download available on github for macOS (
.dmg file), Windows (
.exe file) and Linux (
- Releases: https://github.com/aaroncox/vessel/releases
- chainBB Forums: https://chainbb.com/f/vessel
- Bug Reports: https://github.com/aaroncox/vessel/issues
- Source Code: https://github.com/aaroncox/vessel
What's new in 0.2.7
The only change in 0.2.7 is an upgrade to electron to patch a security vulnerability disclosed on Monday the 22nd. More information can be found here:
A special thanks out to @sneak for notifying me of this issue.